Even in a world with billions of women it is still a complicated question as to what is femininity? We all have our own definitions of what femininity means to us, and discovering this personal meaning is a continuous journey.
But even if we find our own, how do we express our femininity?
Recently one of my old friends from high-school mentioned that I helped once to gain a boost of self-confidence and believe in her own beauty though my photography work. I was so surprised to hear this so many years after our graduation. Her portrait was taken with a film camera just at the start of my photographic learning. Seemingly it was only an amateur portrait, but at the time I remember telling her how magnificent she was in her feminine beauty. All this time later the memory, and the photo that connects to it has taken on much greater meaning for her.
I share this story because I believe that boudoir photography or even just a portrait session can be a great way to express your femininity, build a new level of self-confidence, and capture both your inner and outer beauty. It's a vehicle by which express our feminine nature and it’s so much more than just a beautiful picture of yourself. We can use this to embrace our womanhood.
Why would you choose boudoir photography session? Sure, getting your picture taken in lingerie may see intimidation, but it’s totally worth it, here’s why!
- Great gift for your partner, husband etc. It can be a way to celebrate a milestone, birthday, valentine’s day or just a surprise!
- Bridal boudoir shoot is always a win.
- Gift for you! Give yourself some esteem boost.My goal is that by seeing yourself through my magic lens, you will be able to see yourself in a new way.
- Trust your photographer. You will look amazing because we know how to pose you to flatter your body type.
- Celebrate your 20s, 30s etc.
- Feel empowered, celebrate being a woman, confidence boost
- It can be a ton of fun
Martha’s Vineyard is an ideal location for your boudoir photographer session!